What is the EPC Certificate and How to Get One?

The Energy Performance Certificate is a certificate which is necessary when you are planning to sell your property in the United Kingdom. The kind of property which you own and are planning to sell does not matter because you need to obtain the certification from a reliable issue firm who has the right kind of license.

What kind of energy firm you require?

You will need a national EPC provider which has the ability to work with several energy assessors in the United Kingdom offering them with Energy Performance Certificates. The firm should be consumer division of trade providers of EPCs. The assessors should be licensed and qualified in the United Kingdom and are trained and by experienced individuals.

EPC Register

Why you homeowners need Energy Performance Certificate?

As of 21st May 2010 the property in the United Kingdom which is for sale and rent will need to have an EPC. If the homeowner is applying for a feed in tariff after the installation of a Solar PV then they will also need an EPC coming with a D rating. When you are applying for RHI then you will require EPC but require the Loft Insulation and Cavity Wall Insulation.

What are the features of energy assessor firm?

The firm should be a bona fide company which employees only fully vetted and qualified energy assessors. They should provide you with the communicate address like physical address, email, phone number, and others. You will want to avoid firms which offer you with cheap services because they do not come with licensed or certified firms.

Some of the services which are offered by Domestic EPC firm for HHCRO, CERO & CSCO and all the supporting documentation includes Site Photos Qualification Form, Data Sheets, xml, Privacy Statements, Site Photos, Assessment Checklists Pre & Post EPCs, Virgin Loft Declarations.

The entire data requirements for any of the Government funded schemes are also provided.